While a lifetime of companionship, hugs, kisses, and unconditional love is priceless, there are costs involved in caring for a rescued companion animal. When you adopt a pet from A New Beginning Animal Rescue, we've already performed procedures that are critical for maintaining his or her good health. These important benefits are provided to you at a greatly reduced cost. Adoption fees help us to offset cost for their day-to-day, sometimes extra special, care and may vary.
In general, our adoption fees are as follows:
- Kittens (4 months and younger): $85. Adopt a second kitten at the same time for $65
- Cats (4 months and over): $85.00. Our adoption fees may be reduced based on Cat's age and special needs.
- Puppies (6 months and younger): $195.00
- Dogs (6 months and over): $165. Our adoption fees may be reduced based on Dog's age and special needs.
- Rabbits: $25
ALSO, to safely transport your pet home:
- Kittens and Cats: $5 for temporary cat carrier*
- Rabbits: $5 for temporary pet carrier*
- Puppies and Dogs: a leash and collar. These items may be purchased in advance or at the time of adoption at Petco.
*This is waived if transport items are purchased in advance or at the time of adoption at Petco, and presented at time of adoption.
- Complete veterinary exam;
- Spay/neuter surgery;
- First and second vaccinations;
- Registered microchip;
- Certificate for a free follow-up office visit-exam by a participating vet (does not apply to any additional services, vaccines, medications, etc.);
- An overview of your pet's medical care;
- Coupon Book for the PETCO Store.
Please Note: (1) A New Beginning Animal Rescue does not accept personal checks for adoption fees. We do accept Visa, Mastercard and Discover.
(2) In the event that a pet is adopted without being surgically sterilized, a sterilization deposit and written sterilization agreement are required to ensure that the animal is sterilized in a timely manner, within 30 days after the agreement is signed. A sterilization deposit of $25 will be added to the adoption fee and held until veterinarian confirmation is received that the surgery was completed. The deposit is refundable to the adopter if proof of sterilization is presented to ANBAR not more than three months after the date the animal was sterilized. (Utah Animal Shelter Pet Sterilization Act (Primary Citation: U.C.A. 1953 § 11-46-201 – 208)